FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT IS THE ROSS GARDEN TOUR?
The Ross Garden Tour is an biennial fundraising event to benefit the Fine Arts program at Ross School, the local public school (K-8th grade). Orchestrated by the Ross School PTA and its parent volunteers, the Garden Tour goes “Beyond the Garden Gate” to tour five private, beautifully landscaped gardens in the town of Ross. Two boxed lunch options are also available for purchase at the tour.
2. WHEN IS THE ROSS GARDEN TOUR?
The Garden Tour takes place on Saturday, May 12th, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3. WHERE DOES THE ROSS GARDEN TOUR BEGIN?
The Garden Tour will begin on the grounds of Ross School. All tour guests must check-in here at the Registration table. Please click here for a map showing Ross School’s location.
4. WHERE SHOULD I PARK?
All Garden Tour guests should park in the College of Marin’s Lot #15. The lot is on Kent Avenue in Kentfield, very near Ross. Please click here for a map showing Lot #15’s location. Signage directing Garden Tour guests to the parking lot will be visible on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard near the Marin Art & Garden Center, on Poplar Avenue in Ross, on Kent Avenue in Kentfield, and on College Avenue in Kentfield.
Once you have parked your car in Lot #15 on Kent Avenue, a shuttle will take you to Ross School, where tour guests will disembark the shuttle to check-in at the Registration table. The tour then begins from Ross School.
Shuttles will leave Lot #15 every 15 minutes from 8:30 a.m. until approximately 1:30 p.m. It typically takes a couple of hours to visit all five gardens on the tour, and the gardens close at 3:00 p.m. Tickets are non-refundable regardless of how many gardens are visited, and shuttles will leave for the gardens rain or shine.
5. HOW MUCH DO TICKETS COST?
Garden Tour tickets are $50 when purchased in advance online, and $60 when purchased on the day of the event. Please click here to order tickets. The ticket price includes parking in the College of Marin lot, shuttle transportation, and admission to all four gardens. The Ross Garden Tour is self-guided, and guests may remain in the gardens as long as they’d like.
Lunch tickets are $10 when purchased in advance or $15 on the day of the event.
6. HOW DO I BUY TICKETS? CAN I BUY THEM THE DAY OF THE TOUR?
There are two ways to purchase tickets:
Please click here to order Garden Tour tickets ($50 each) and lunch tickets ($10 each) using our secure server.
2. On the day of the event:
You may purchase tickets ($60 each) and lunch tickets ($15 each) on the day of the event at the Registration table set up at Ross School.
7. DO I HAVE TO ARRIVE AT 9:00 A.M.?
Beginning at 8:30 a.m., shuttles depart from College of Marin’s Lot #15 continuously to begin the Garden Tour. The Garden Tour is at its busiest first thing in the morning, and wait times for shuttles tend to lessen beginning around 11:00 a.m. The last shuttle for the gardens departs Lot #15 at approximately 1:30 p.m., and the gardens close at 3:00 p.m. (Please click here for a map showing Lot #15’s location.)
8. CAN I WALK OR BIKE THE TOUR ROUTE?
A map of the Garden Tour route is printed inside the Program & Resource Directory, which is given to each guest at check-in. This years tour is perfect for walking or biking as the gardens are within a mile and a half of each other. Walkers and cyclists may depart for the gardens from Ross School anytime between 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Bike racks are available at Ross School and at each of the gardens on the tour.
9. CAN I BRING A BABY OR SMALL CHILD ONTO THE SHUTTLE?
Unfortunately, our shuttles are not equipped with and cannot accommodate infant or child car seats.
10. ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED IN THE GARDENS? ARE STROLLERS ALLOWED IN THE GARDENS?
A ticket must be purchased for any child touring the gardens, and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Regrettably, the gardens are not stroller-accessible.
11. IF I HAVE QUESTION ABOUT THE GARDENS, WHOM DO I ASK?
Volunteer docents will be available at each garden to answer your questions.
12. HOW MUCH DOES LUNCH COST? WHAT ELSE IS AVAILABLE TO EAT?
Two boxed lunch options, provided by Woodlands Market, are available for $10 ($15 day of) and include a beverage. Lunch tickets can be purchased in advance online or at Ross School on the day of the event.
Coffee, tea, water and homemade sweet treats are for sale from 9:00 a.m. at the Refreshments table set up at Ross School.
13. WHAT ACTIVITIES GO ON DURING THE DAY OF THE ROSS GARDEN TOUR?
1. Beginning at 8:30 a.m., shuttles depart from College of Marin’s Lot #15 continuously. The first shuttle stop is Ross School, where guests will disembark the shuttles to check-in at the Registration table. Guests then re-board the shuttles to visit Garden #1. The last shuttle will leave Lot #15 for check-in at Ross School at approximately 1:30 p.m. (Please click here for a map showing Lot #15’s location.)
2. You can purchase a homemade sweet treat and coffee at the Refreshments table set up at Ross School beginning at 9:00 a.m. and throughout the day.
3. Beginning at 11:00 a.m., two delicious lunch options from Woodlands Market are available. Lunch is $10 and can be purchased in advance online, or $15 on the day of the tour. Please note that advance purchase is recommended to guarantee a lunch, as availability is limited. Garden Tour guests can enjoy their lunches at tables set up on the shaded grounds of Ross School. PLEASE NOTE – lunch choices will be selected on the day of the event on a first come basis.
14. ARE GARDEN TOUR TICKETS REFUNDABLE?
The tour takes place rain or shine. Both Garden Tour and lunch tickets are non-refundable.